Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1

Today I am making by favorite recipe of brownies. Anybody who knows me well knows that I love my brownies. Even when I was a teenager I could whip up a batch of brownies in no time and especially when I was having a craving. Also, I really have learned to tweek and change recipes from watching some baking shows on food network and cooking channels. I also like Pioneer Woman and her blog and cookbooks. So if you wonder where I am getting some of my ideas for this blog post you can thank Ree.

Cappucinno Brownies

Yield: Makes 8 large brownies

Brownies:
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, diced
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups sugar 
2 large eggs 
2 tablespoons instant espresso powder  (this can be eliminated from recipe if desired)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
3/4 cup all purpose flour 
For baking:
  Preheat oven to 325°F.  Grease nonstick pan with butter.

Put butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl and heat for 1 minute and 40 seconds till completely melted. This time may vary from oven to oven. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, 1 at a time. Whisk in espresso powder, vanilla, and salt; sift flour over and stir to blend well. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

Bake for 25 minutes only. Cool completely in pan on rack.

Here are some pictures for ease in understanding this recipe:

                                            The ingredients/players...




                                After chocolate and butter is melted...



                                 The finished product before going in the oven!



                                            The final product...YUM!


Four of these brownies are being shipped to a person on my Facebook page. Can you guess who? I am hoping the person will share on her page when she receives them. She is someone I knew earlier in my life and have not seen in many years but I thought I would surprise HER with a treat in the mail. Hint, she lives in Ellicottville, New York!

Happy New Year and Happy 2013. 

Shell


1 comment: