Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3

Today I made a special treat for our postman and left it in our mailbox. In recent months I have discovered online shopping is much more convenient that going to the mall or running to several stores. Thus, I have much more mail and boxes coming than usual so I felt it was time to recognize his hard work and show him my appreciation. I made nobake cookies which are so yummy but I love to share or give them away because they have so much sugar. I got the urge for eating these because my mother-in-law brought them at xmas time. I don't think I've made them in several years. The recipe comes from my Aunt Margaret. I may send her a few of them too since I made a whole batch.

I am copying another blogger and posting the following questions. I had fun answering them and thinking about the past year of 2012.


1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Brought home a baby from the hospital.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did not make any, I just wanted to continue being pregnant and bring home our baby.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nicole, Laurie and Molly.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, Peggy whom I was close to several years ago. I missed getting her holiday card. :(

5. What countries did you visit?
None this year but I did travel to Dallas and New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More laughter and fun times.

7. What dates from 2012 will remained etched upon your memory?
May 17, 2012

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Having my son and bringing him home. Also, overcoming PPD and returning to life as I know it.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Ending up in the ER/Hospital for PPD.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes, post-partum depression after giving birth. I believe I was in a depression during my whole pregnancy with LB.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
A toy that LB still plays with and loves.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband for standing by me through this past year that was tough for us both.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My sister, niece and nephew. Words can’t explain how hurt I am by their actions, words and lack of caring for what has gone on in my life. I know we all have issues but I just can’t believe what they are doing to me and continue to do or have said. I just need to let it all go and realize they will not be in my life. It hurts but life goes on.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Meeting insurance deductibles, UNC Hospitals and Physicians.  

15. What did you get really excited about?
LB and watching him grow!

16. What song will always remind you of 2012? Silver Linings Playbook Soundtrack

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder?  Immeasurably happier.
- thinner or fatter?  Thinner but need to lose some weight - richer or poorer?  Poorer

 18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Laughed

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying, crying, thinking about what was wrong more than right with LB and other personal things. 

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my hubs family and good friends.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Yes, with LB.

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Modern Family

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate's a very strong word.  Let’s just say I have a few people that I dislike for their behavior and attitude towards me.

24. What was the best book you read?
Didn't read too much but I have a stack of books next to my bed ready to read this year.

25. What was your favorite musical discovery?
Jamie Cullum

26. What did you want and get?
A living baby

27. What did you want and not get?
Nothing

28 What was your favorite film of this year?
Silver Linings Playbook

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had a dinner at home and took care of Landon. I turned 41. 

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Having Leia here with her baby brother.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012? Lots of sweatpants, shorts and t-shirts.

32. What kept you sane?
Hubs and cymbalta

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Jennifer Aniston, I am glad she is getting her happy ending.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Can't remember, there were a few.

35. Who did you miss?
My parents who live several states away. My Dad had a stroke in April and made me realize that I only have them for so long.

36. Who was the best new person(s) you met?
Celia, Dee Dee, Faith, Heather and Tonya.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
That nothing can get you out of depression post-partum other than prescribed medications.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
All at Sea, entire song by Jamie Cullum


No comments:

Post a Comment