Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 10

Today is Day 10 of my project of paying forward or giving back. I haven't done too much today to keep my project going. This is the two-year mark of me going into the hospital (the only appointment my hubs had ever missed) and me learning that Leia had no heartbeat. I had to call and tell him over the phone and then wait for him to get across campus to the building I was in. Also on that day our area was experiencing an ice storm. Today it was in the 60's. Why couldn't it have been that way two years ago? I've also been thinking about her not being here and what she is missing. I got the flowers I want to put on her garden tomorrow morning. I didn't put them out tonight because they are projecting rain. Sometimes I wish it was all a dream but I know it is not and that my life is going on and moving forward. I must remember Leia but also live my life as happy as I know how.

Also, this morning I had a pleasant surprise on my front porch. Someone had left a bouquet of flowers. It made me cry and I now have them sitting in a vase in our kitchen. A random act like that means so much to the person when you do that. I really did appreciate whoever did it, but they chose to remain anonymous and I respect that.

Tomorrow is going to be a hard day but I do have therapy first thing in the morning and hoping that gets my day off to a good start. I am not sure what I'll be feeling tomorrow. Two years....seems so long ago but in other ways like it just happened. Missing you Leia Grace and wishing you were here with your little brother Landon Keith. Love you...


1 comment:

  1. So sweet of someone to bring flowers. Thinking of you today and sending love. Two years....I just can't wrap my brain around it. We've missed so much :( hoping Leia's birthday will be gentle on you. Xxxoo

    ReplyDelete