Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Four Months

Today marks four months since we met and said good-bye to our precious and beautiful daughter Leia. It also marks the one-year anniversary of our egg implantation day. So much has happened in the past year. I still can't believe sometimes what our journey has been and wonder where we are heading and what the future holds for us. I hope one day I can look back on this time as a period of reflection and that going forward I am able to help others in similar situations. 


My day has been up and down but when I got home tonight I was surprised by an envelope in the mail that was addressed "Leia's Mommy". Thanks to Molly for sending me a beautiful necklace. It really cheered me up and made me feel so grateful for the many great women that I have met here in the blogging community. Thanks again Molly for the wonderful gift that you gave away for Mother’s Day. I will cherish it forever.

I am trying to think more positive these days rather than negative. I did start my job this past Monday and it seems to be going well. There are many things to learn and new faces. I like being in an environment where nobody knows my past history. I have a place to escape to that I can be productive and feel a like I am contributing. I hope it will continue to go well and feel that it is good for me to be getting out every day during the week.

So I guess I end with a heavy heart and thinking about our Leia. The time we spent with you was so short but you are always in our hearts and we are thinking of and loving you always. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are liking the new job and a fresh start right now.
    4 months seems an eternity, huh?

    Thinking of you and sweet Leia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got the necklace! Makes me happy that you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the job is going well for you and I hope it continues to go that way.
    Thinking of you and Leia always

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to take some inspiration from you and start thinking positive too. I'm trying to find out my own ways of dealing with my grief and this is one of them. Wish all goes well with the new job and lot of love to you & Leia.

    ReplyDelete